Nov 4, 2012

Dona Nobis Pacem ~ #blogblast4peace


Today many of us around the world will blog for peace. This year's theme is "The power of we."
In reflecting on the theme it really hit home that to be part of the power of "we" I must first deal with the power of "me." What do I need to do in my own life to be more of a person of peace?

It is a humbling experience to realize how often the words of my mouth have been ones of discord. No, I am not going out causing fights, it is the negativity that I have allowed into my conversations. Family, religion and politics can certainly act as splinters in my attitude. There are so many personalities and opinions; some I agree with and some I don't. How I respond to those I disagree with is totally in my hands.

The world desperately needs peace. If it is to come, it has to begin first in the heart of each individual. So on this day of blogging for peace I vow to work on me. I will be more aware of the words I speak and their impact. Let my voice and hands be busy doing the work of peace.


All You Need Is Love

The Beatles

Lennon/McCartney

Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you
in time - It's easy.

All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.
Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.
There's nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.
All you need is love (all together now)
All you need is love (everybody)
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.

BlogBlast4Peace

5 comments:

  1. I truly agree the world needs peace and the world needs love. If we just treated others how we wanted to be treated, what a different world we would live in. I know where true peace comes from and it won't come in this lifetime but I do believe we can do our best to live a peaceful life in how we handle ourselves, how we serve others, how we love others.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty..may we all be people of peace and love and treat others the way we wish to be treated.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about negativity from the mouth. It is one thing I try to be conscious of. If I now hear a nice thing about someone, I'll pass it on if I get the opportunity. But if I hear a negative thing, I will (mostly) keep it to myself. I've found that people are always pleasantly surprise to hear nice things about themselves...it cheers them up, and their good feeling is passed on round them.
    Well, it may not be much, but it helps :-) Peace to you and yours!

    (A link to your post will be on "Peace Bloggers Unite" later)


    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. It's so important to realize the impact our words can have on others. I have noticed that if I am positive and kind, I am usually treated that way in return. Always trying to instill that in my children as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Susie, for bringing this video out. Loved it. Couldn't be said better,and weren't they lovely.
    And yes, this is making me wish I hadn't snapped today. Even though I was trying to concentrate on something else. It's the little things that matter just as much as the big things.

    ReplyDelete